It doesn’t matter whether you like football. And not even if you’re into sports or not. I’m sure, that the picturesque football pitch of Henningsvær will enchant you in no time. Just take a peek at this 360 photo.
What’s so special about this place?
Well, what is not?
- The ‘stadium’ is located in a village of the breathtaking Lofoten Islands in Northern Norway.
- Henningsvær is not far from the Arctic Circle and it’s surrounded by the Norwegian Sea.
- It is located on several small islands off the southern coast of the large island of Austvågøya in the Lofoten archipelago.
- During the midnight sun, you’re able to play all day and all night here (from the middle of May to the end of July, the sun doesn’t set in the Lofoten islands).
- Festvågtind mountain overlooks Henningsvær.
- Only amateur football can be played here.
- It’s a true tourist attraction on its own, but this area is worth a visit anyway.
- The village’s population is only 510 (as of 2018).
- Instagram-famous football pitch with worldwide fame.
- No seats.
- These wooden kinds of stuff on the image actually stand for dried codfish (torr fisk).
So as you can see, this cozy fishing village is rich in culture and history. Henningsvær with its picturesque houses and narrow streets is a place where time seems to stand still. Life here is simple and slow-paced, centered around the daily routines of fishing and processing the catch.
Fishing has always been the backbone of Henningsvær’s economy, and the village has a long and proud history of seafaring. The residents of Henningsvær have a strong connection to the sea, and the local fishermen have passed down their knowledge and skills from generation to generation. This connection to the sea is evident in the village’s culture and traditions, which revolve around the rhythms of the ocean and the cycles of the fishing season.
In addition to its maritime heritage, Henningsvær is also renowned for its traditional architecture. The houses in the village are typically built from wood and stone and are painted in bright colors, making them a standout feature of the village’s landscape. These houses are a testament to the ingenuity of the village’s residents, who have built homes that can withstand the harsh Arctic climate while still being warm and inviting.
In conclusion, Henningsvær is a village that offers a unique blend of history, culture, and natural beauty. With its strong fishing heritage, traditional architecture, and stunning surroundings, it is no wonder that this cozy village continues to draw visitors from near and far.